- Inaugural meeting -- The Society of Chemical Machinery is inaugurated. Their office is opened in Kyobashi, Tokyo (November 6).
- The Society’s bulletin is renamed to Chemical Engineering commencing from the No. 2, Vol. 12 issue. The English name of the Society is changed from The Society of Chemical Machinery to the Society of Chemical Engineers, Japan.
- First edition of Kagaku Kogaku Binran issued.
- Tokai Branch established.
- Fiscal year changed to run from March 1 to the end of February of the following year.
- Kanto and Kansai Branches established.
- Japanese name of the Society is changed from Kagaku Kikai Kyokai to Kagaku Kogaku Kyokai. Bulletin renamed to Kagaku Kogaku Kyokai, starting from the May issue.
- Chemical Engineering Education Committee and the Physical Constant Committee established.
- Office moved from the Kojun building, Ginza to Kyoritsu Kaikan (current),Miyogadani.
- First Chemical Plant Show held.
- First Society Awards (Thesis Award and Technology Award) given.
- English scientific journal, Journal of Chemical Engineering Japan (JCEJ) published.
- First Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering held (Kyoto, October).
- Asian Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering (APCChE) established. SCEJ joined APCChE.
- Research theses separated from Kagaku Kogaku Japanese scientific journal, Kagaku Kogaku Ronbunshu published.
- SCEJ participates in First World Congress of Chemical Engineering.
- SCEJ begins exchange with Korean Institute of Chemical Engineering(KIChE).
- SCEJ begins exchange with Chemical Industry and Engineering Society of China(CIESC).
- Chemical Engineering meeting and Chemical Engineering Research Communication Committee established in Section 5 (Engineering) of the Science Council of Japan.
- Academic Award established.
- “Commemorative 50th anniversary“ Third World Congress of Chemical Engineering held.
- Kyushu Branch established.
- The Society’s Japanese name changed from Kagaku Kogaku Kyokai to Shadanhojin Kagaku Kogakukai, and authorized.
- Academic Award renamed to Society Award.
- Thesis Award no longer given. Research Achievement Award and the Encouragement Award established.
- Granting of Ikeda- Kamesaburo Award begins.
- Miyoshi-Masaro Award, Tamaoki-Akiyoshi Award and Naito-Masayoshi Award established as supplementary prizes to the Research Achievement Award and the Encouragement Award.
- Agreement with CIESC(The Chemical Industry and Engineering Society of China)
- Number of SCEJ members reaches 10,000.
- All Japan Social Gathering Convention established (September), and is held every fall during the Autumn Annual Meeting.
- SCEJ proposes establishment of Japan Chemical Innovation Institute (JCII) (January).
- SCEJ Society Education Service Award, SCEJ Society Research Service Award and SCEJ Society Activity Service Award (March) established.
- Tohoku Branch established.
- Hokkaido and Chugoku Shikoku Branches established.
- The Articles of the Society are partially revised, and these revisions are approved. Councilor position removed. “Delegates” and “Member Conference” established. Executives and delegates are deemed employees under civil law (September).
- Chemical Engineer Personnel Training Center established (August).
- SCEJ sponsors First Japan-China Symposium on Chemical Engineering (February).
- VISION 2011 formulated (December). Five divisions inaugurated as a result of promotion of the division system.
- WCEC (World Chemical Engineering Council) established and becomes a permanent directing council.
- Six new divisions inaugurated according to the VISION 2011 bringing the total number of divisions to 11.
- Code of ethics drafted.
- SCEJ participates in Japan Inter-Society Liaison Association Committee for Promoting Equal Participation of Men and Women in Science and Engineering (EPMEWSE).
- English online journal published.
- Public presidential election system implemented commencing with the 2006 President.
- Two new divisions inaugurated bringing the total of divisions to 13.
- Information Technology(IT) management system for member information established.
- APCChE2004 held in Kita-Kyushu (October).
- SCEJ begins the online submission for the English journal(JCEJ).
- Engineer qualification system established and implemented.
- SCEJ joins the Japan Union of Chemical Science and Technology.
- The SCEJ Award for Outstanding Young Engineer and The SCEJ Award for Outstanding Young Researcher established.
- SCEJ authorizes both Japanese journal and English journal on J-STAGE.
- Develop a system on the international exchage(The SCEJ Award for Distinguished Service to International and International member institutions established)
- Renewal and maintenance of the website(Enhancement of English website)
- Submission and peer review system for journal of SCEJ was introduced
- Agreement with KIChE(The Korean Institute of Chemical Engineers)
- Division of Chemical Plant Material Engineering inaugurated bringing the total number of divisions to 14
- Special General Assembly helds 2 times for application for approval of public interest incorporated association
- The SCEJ Award for Outstanding Asian Researcher and Engineer and The SCEJ Award for Outstanding Women's Activity established
- SCEJ registered as a public interest incorporated association
- SCEJ presents urgent proposal related to energy crisis in eaterm Japan with the earthquake disaster
- Agreement with TwIChEC(The Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers)
- Commemorative 75th anniversary(March)
- VISION 2023 formutaled
- Installation of electronic library
- Established the chemistry day
- Entered into an agreement with DECHEMA
- Reform of SCEJ academic meeting
- Renewal and maintenance of the website (Introduction of Member Page)
- Entered into an agreement with AIChE