SCEJ recognizes the importance of personal information provided to the Society, and collects, uses and manages such information in the proper manner. At the same time, we strive to properly protect such information by observing the laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
SCEJ shall collect information voluntarily provided by the users of the Society’s various services and parties involved in the committees pertaining to the Society’s activities, which can be used to identify the specific individuals but only to the extent required. In principle, when collecting personal information, we shall clearly express the purpose(s) of its collection and such information is voluntary based on the provider’s free will.
Use of Personal Information
SCEJ shall use the provided personal data within the scope listed below. In addition, the provided personal data shall not be disclosed nor transferred to any third party without the provider’s consent unless there are special circumstances.
- Identification, provision of services pertaining to events held by the Society, billing for membership fees, notification of events sponsored by the Society and requests for questionnaires
- Provision of information necessary for operation of the Society: Distribution of the Society’s journals, notices of general meetings, voting forms and membership certificates, and communications between committees
- Provision of information pertaining to the Society’s various services and surveys conducted for the purpose of improving services
Under any of the circumstances listed below, the Society may use, disclose or transfer personal data for purposes other than those described above:
- When required by the law and ordinances
- When the provider gives his/her consent
- When outsourcing of all or part of personal data as required to accomplish business purposes if elected by the member (e.g., when informing the member’s name and address to the outsourcing delivery service company)
- Collaboration with other societies
Personal Information Management
SCEJ shall set out rules pertaining to personal information, ensure that everyone involved in the Society, including directors and secretariats, thoroughly understands the rules, and properly manage such information so as to not allow collected personal data to be leaked out, damaged, revised, or lost. However, personal data that has already been disclosed by the provider of the data concerned and released to the public shall not be deemed as being subject to the Society’s management.
Disclosure and Corrections of Personal Information
In principle, when a personal information provider requests disclosure of his/her own personal data, the personal data concerned shall be disclosed without any delay. Furthermore, when a personal information provider requests correction, deletion or cessation of use of his/her own personal data, the Society shall respond to such request(s) promptly in accordance with laws and ordinances.
Handling Information on Website(s)
The user shall bear full responsibility for use of this website. The Society shall not be liable for any loss or/and damage incurred from the use of any information obtained from this site or other sites linked to this site.
Member Liaison, Society of Chemical Engineers, Japan